Monday, August 22, 2011

PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
sweetlyserendipity


The Secret Recipe Club is at it again. Thanks to Amanda and her wonderful help for organizing this event each month.  They all do a lot of work and we appreciate what each of them do to make this possible.  I was assigned to Sweetly Serendipity. Hope you will check her out.  I stalked her blog finding several interest, until I came to the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie and that was it for me. Being a cookie lover I knew I had found my recipe to make.  So follow along check out the recipe and how different it is from the old time chocolate chip cookies on the back of the chip package.  They have a interesting brown sugar taste of molasses.  No need to refrigerate the dough, no mixer needed. They are something special.  A make again for sure for me. 



1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
14 tbsp unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
3/4 cups chopped pecans or walnuts


Makes 16 cookies, (I made them smaller to get more cookies)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl add the flour and the baking soda together then whisk this to blend the two ingredients.
In a small 10 inch frypan (not nonstick) combine 10 tbsp of the butter in your skillet over medium-high heat and melt. This will take about 2 minutes. Continue cooking, swirling the pan constantly until butter is dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma. About 1-3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, and pour this into a large heatproof bowl. Add the remaining 4 tbsp of butter and let this melt. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, add the sugars, salt and vanilla with the melted brown butter. Using your whisk, whisk this until fully incorporated. Add the egg and the egg yolk and whisk until mixture is smooth and no sugar lumps remaining in the batter. Let mixture stand 3 minutes, then whisk for 30 seconds. Repeat this step 2 more times until the cookie mixture is thick, smooth and shiny. Stir in the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.

Divide the dough into 16 portions, and arrange on your lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart. 8 dough mounds per sheet. I didn't make the cookies that big. I used my cookie scoop and scooped the batter onto the lined baking sheets.


Bake at 375 degrees, baking one sheet at a time. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Transfer to your cooling rack and allow to cool.

amandas cookin





23 comments:

  1. These do look like perfect chocolate chip cookies! I love that you used chocolate chunks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look delicious Andi, x gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen several recipes lately that call for melting the butter first. I'm going to try that next time I make chocolate chip cookies. It sure would make things easier! Your cookies look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking cookies! If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A" ~ SRC recipe this month: Cilantro Lime Chicken

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those big chocolate chunks you have in there. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baking cookies for my family. Thanks for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait until fall when all of my baking endeavors will begin! I think chocolate chip cookies will be first on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look tasty. Love the heart made out of chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is absolutely no substitute for a chocolate chip cookie and the title is prefaced by "perfect", you know it will be delicious. They do look perfectly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate Chip cookies get to me, every time. My favorite is KAF.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These came out great! They really are the PERFECT chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing. I love a good chocolate chip cookie and I'm always looking to add a new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Andi, thanks for stopping by earlier. You should totally have made both recipes (the two you made) but at least you have an extra one if you wanted to showcase it separately? I knew I could have made three separate posts, but it just all... went together so I put it together. ;)
    Your cookies look SO good. I'm going to have to try these because I'm definitely looking for a PERFECT one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love any cookie that has more brown sugar than white! These look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chocolate Chip Cookies, always a winner!



    Thanks again for being a part of SRC and being a part of my first group, I enjoyed being your host! Now, I get to visit everyone’s blog, THIS IS THE FUN PART!

    If you haven’t already, come check out my Secret Recipe Club Post: Cucumber Salad http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/08/cucumber-salad-secret-recipe-club.html

    or my second post for the SRC Raspberry and Nutella Pizza
    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/08/raspberry-nutella-pizza-secret-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cookies do look perfect! Glad to be with you in SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brown sugar chocolate chip cookies are the only kind I'll make now. They're so amazing!

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  18. anything with the word "Perfect" in the title can't be bad! Chocolate chip cookies are my husbands favorite, hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum! I always love trying new chocolate chip cookie recipes!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  20. These cookies look really delicious. Great pick for SRC. I need to make a batch of these for my family. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am still hunting for the perfect chocolate chip. Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks great! SCR is turning out to be lots of fun -- so many new recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm always on the lookout for new chocolate chip cookie recipes, I have yet to find "the one". I'll give this a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete