Thursday, March 15, 2012

HOMEMADE SPRINKLES

That's right, I made homemade sprinkles!  Yup, I think I may have a little too much time on my hands!  But, as Jill says they are so much better, and taste like the flavoring you add and not like wax that you purchase.  Go visit Jill at One good thing , Jill will tell you all about making sprinkles and how she did the process.  She has ideas for cleaning, making your own detergents, to caring for the birds in your back yard with a suet holder full of colorful yarns. The birds are attracted to the bright colors and will grab a strand when flying past to use in the bird nest.  What a pretty back yard you will have.  She'll give you the recipe for making a chocolate chip cookie in a mug. Jill has a lot of interesting idea........thank you Jill.   Happy Baking, Andi  
4 ounces of confectioners' sugar   or about 2 cups
1 tsp Just Egg Whites
1 TBSP warm water, plus more if needed
1/4 tsp vanilla or flavoring of your choice
pinch of salt
Homemade pretty pink sprinkles, so look close, they are not the same size.
I covered my cutting boards with wax paper, then used some tape on the under side to hold the paper. Its time to start  squeezing that decorator bag to make a gazillion lines of icing....   After they dry you can roll them and break them with your hands.  This makes a lot of sprinkles, so next time I will divide up the white icing and use a couple of different colors to get an assortment of sprinkles............. Maybe  next time........I may have carpel tunnel at this point.    Enjoy sshbutton








Sharing with       Country Momma Cooks

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I've got to try this! They look so pretty! Only problem is I already do have carpal tunnel problems, oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm impressed with your dedication. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant!! I always have left over piping icing, I'm thinking I could easily talk my kids into doing this for me!! If you have any color mist I bet you could spray your extra white sprinkles.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is brilliant! It is so obvious but I never thought of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andi,
    I didn't know you could make your own sprinkels. Good presentation.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete