Saturday, April 7, 2012

BLUEBERRY-LIME MUFFINS

Photobucket
 ITS time..........Blueberry Muffins for the Crazy Cooking Challenge with Tina.   I almost stepped out this month, this is my 4th blueberry muffin recipe that I tried.......This recipe is a keeper for sure. I found this muffin recipe on  my baking addiction I added more blueberries then the orginal recipe and added the streusel topping (from barbara bakes).  Hope you enjoy looking at all the blueberry muffins that are posted and a big thank you for Tina and all the hard work she does each month to make this happen.  Happy baking and a Happy Easter....Andi

  
1 cup sugar
zest of two limes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups blueberries (orginal recipe only calls for 1 cup) fresh or frozen (I used hand picked Wild Maine Blueberries which are smaller, so I used about 1 1/2 cups)




Wild Maine Blueberries picked July 2011
Streusel Topping

4 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP flour
2 tsp vegetable  oil

In a small bowl combine the above ingredients and mix til a sandy texture
Preheat oven to 400 degrees,  this recipe makes 12 muffins, I used paper liners or you can spray your muffins pans with PAM. 
In a medium bowl add the flour, salt and baking soda and whisk together

In another bowl add the blueberries and add about 1/4 cup of the flour mixture and coat the blueberries with this.  This helps to keep the berries afloat in the muffin and not sink to the bottom.  (Mother Goose always told me that) Do what your mother says...............

In a large bowl add the sugar and the lime zest and mix together, then add the eggs and beat with the mixer until thoroughly incorporated.  Continue to mix while  slowly adding the oil. add the vanilla.  Hand mix and add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream. Do not overmix your batter.   Gently add the floured berries and fold just enough to blend the berries within the batter.  Using a ice cream scoop,scoop out the batter among the paper liners.   Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the Streusel sugar Topping.   Bake for 20-22 minutes.   Enjoy

21 comments:

  1. Amazing dear Andi, you are the muffins queen! (lol) look delicious and love lemon and blueberry! Happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum... wish I had one for breakfast this morning! Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at the bowlful of blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lime is an interesting addition, so many use lemon. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter, Andi!

    I have never thought about lime and blueberries together. Lemon and blueberries is a favorite. Thanks for the idea.

    CCC #87

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are delicious looking, and I love the addition of the lime zest. The topping looks beautiful also!
    Stopping by from #49!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andi, your muffins look perfect! Love the addition of the lime zest, Happy Easter to you and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bluebery muffins look so good! =)

    I love to bake muffins and will need to save thie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blueberry LIME? I have never tried that combo but I bet it's delicious! They sure look good....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm.....the lime sounds delicious! I used meyer lemons in mine, #14. I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great minds think alike, however I think your mind was greater adding that delicious looking streusel topping! Yum-O! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Crazy Cooking Challenge" seems to be a great event to join! Will keep a lookout for this event.

    Love your recipe collection and here I am being your latest follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello...Muffins look fabulous and delicious too.I liked your blog..Happy to follow you.Do visit my blog in your free time.
    http://www.foodydelight.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of using lime zest! I'm going to have to try this!
    #20

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the second recipe with lime that I've seen...there must be something yummy about it. I guess I'll have to try it to see! I loved your recipe because of the streusel topping anyway! CCC#94

    ReplyDelete
  17. The streusal topping looks gorgeous. I'm going to add it to mine next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, these look so yummy. I did a blueberry-lemon combo and it was so good, I bet the lime was delicious! This is the first month I've joined the challenge, its was so fun! Hope you have a moment to visit me at #39. :)

    Adrianne
    Happy Hour Projects

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet the lime zest makes these zippy and refreshing. Sounds like a great combination! #9

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh these sound delish! Love the blueberry lime combo - that sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete