Sunday, October 5, 2014

STRAWBERRY PECAN SHORTBREAD CRUMBLE BARS

Another find from Pinterest........... I used homemade Strawberry Jam but I think next time I will use  Raspberry Jam.  A keeper for sure, the shortbread is perfect, moist, buttery and full of pecans and love in every bite.  And easy and fast to put together.


I found this recipe at   Baking Bites  made by Nicole

Strawberry Pecan Shortbread Crumble Bars
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
3/4 cup strawberry jam/preserves 
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees line a 9 inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with Pam spray.  
In a bowl add the flour, sugar, salt and chopped pecans (I roughly chopped mine) and whisk together. Add the beaten egg and the softened butter.  I used my pastry blender tool to mix all this together.  Save out 2 cups of this that will be used for the topping.  The remaining will be the shortbread base.  Place this mixture into the foil lined baking pan and gently press this evenly.  Spread the jam evenly over this base.   Then sprinkle the 2 cups of shortbread over the top of the jam and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is lightly golden brown.   Cool in the pan then lift out using the foil and cut the bars in squares.        Enjoy




1 comment: