Tuesday, February 5, 2013

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH SHORTBREAD

Lets start out today with another chapter on Cookies.   These are seriously the best of the best, they are made with two of my favorite ingredients in cookies............confectioner's sugar and corn starch. 

These cookies are "Knock my Socks off Good"!!!! If you like shortbread then this is the recipe for you. They are soft and silky, melt in your mouth cookies.  I found this recipe at vanilla bean baker, Paula is the baker behind that blog. Go check out her picture's and the cookies she made.  So pretty.  Love the picture also.  

These cookies didn't make it until Valentine's Day, they are already gone.  I will just have to make some more.  




                               Melt in your mouth Shortbread
PRINT RECIPE

1 cup of butter  I used salted butter
1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cup of unbleached flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1 tsp vanilla

Using your stand mixer, cut the butter salted or unsalted in small slices and mix in the stand mixer.  Just mix until smooth, then add slowly the confectioner's sugar.  In another bowl add the flour and the corn starch and whisk these together, then add to the mixing bowl and mix.  Add the vanilla.  Don't over mix, just enough to bring it all together.  Scrape the bowl as needed. I formed my dough into a nice fat ball and wrapped in wax paper and put in the refrigerator for a little while.   



I prepared my bread board with some flour, along with my rolling pin.  Found the heart cookie cutter, and use the cinnamon red for a little decoration in each cookie.   The cinnamon reds baked fine.  I rolled one section at a time, like Paula did, keeping the remaining dough wrapped in the wax paper to prepare drying out.   Roll the cookie dough about 5/16 inch thick and cut in desired shapes. I prepared my baking sheets with parchment paper.  Just remember to keep your rolling pin smooth with no little pieces of dough.  They will make little indents in your cookies and you don't want that.  They don't spread but a tiny bit so fill the sheet with a few rows of cookies and put in the freezer for a little bit, turn on the oven and allow to preheat, cut more cookie shapes and the first pan should be ready to bake.   They will not turn brown so watch them.  Bake at 300 degrees for about 12 minutes.   I got 2 1/2 dozen hearts.  

The Wednesday Baker   Andi 

Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms

Memories by the Mile












24 comments:

  1. Sounds like this is the recipe that I must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really simple. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! =)

    Have a wonderful Valentines Day! = )
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these and the old cookie cutters, WOW LOVE THEM! Would love for you to come over to my link party, http://www.memoriesbythemile.com/
    Thanks,
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, not many ingredients, and they look awesome. I am your newest GFC follower, and found you via 'Adorned From Above Party'. I hope you have a terrific day!
    Angie G.
    http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I simply LOVE shortbreads and what a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day. I'm hosting a Loving Valentine's Day Party (with a prize package) and I'd love for you to stop by and link this up! Have a wonderful day!

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2013/02/loving-valentines-day-party-link-up.html

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these look great! I absolutely LOVE shortbread and don't make it often enough. Will give your recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the mention, very much! I'm so delighted that you enjoyed the shortbread cookies. I would have never thought to make them for Valentine's Day and I just love that you did. Your cookies with the teeny hearts are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so pretty! I have been looking for a good shortbread recipe for a while...may have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andi,
    These sound fabulous! Plan to to make some soon.
    Thank you!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Thanks for sharing your recipe, Andi! Have a great weekend!

    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  12. From one Baker to another...=) These are just adorable! I would want to eat a whole plateful. Thanks for sharing at Weekend Potluck (did I miss seeing a link back to the party?) Enjoy a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These make me drool every time I see them. I am so going to make some! Thanks for sharing at the Loving Valentine's Day Party!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andi,
    What delicate little Shortbread hearts, perfect for the "Love Day". Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh, my gram had the round cutter with a handle and made her homemade biscuits with it. It was such a treat when she'd let me do it. :)

    Happy to be visiting from Thursday's Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andi, these cookies are just too cute and the recipe sounds really good! They wouldn't last at my house either!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a sucker for shortbread and these look delish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these cookies. I am hoping to make them, time allowing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How simple, cute and yummy! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week, Happy Valentine's Day and come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  20. perfect with a cup of tea. Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute! And easy too! Thanks for following my blog, I'm following you too! Have a great night!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look delicious! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete