Saturday, May 25, 2013

DILL WEED CHICKEN SALAD

Do you like Dill?  Then I am sure you will enjoy this homemade chicken salad.  Chicken salad has always been a favorite of mine.  I made this on a Saturday morning and let it set covered in refrigerator until Sunday afternoon to blend flavors.   I love it, but I also love dill. I have a dill-weed-dip that I make and its my favorite. I found this chicken salad at ann's entitled life. I can cross off another "pin" from Pinterest!  We both enjoyed, and like Ann says "there is no way to describe how good this chicken salad is"  you've gotta make it!  So, go get yourself a chicken and cook him.............Thank you Ann for a wonderful recipe            Enjoy   



Dill Weed Chicken Salad

Dressing:

1 cup (6oz by scale weight) Mayo
1/2 cup (4 oz by scale weight) Sour Cream
2 TBSP (1 oz by scale weight) Dijon Mustard
1 TBSP dried dill weed
2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon white pepper (I used black)
5 teaspoon lemon juice

Salad:
3 cups chopped poached chicken 
1 cup finely chopped celery
4 TBSP finely chopped green onions
1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds

Mix the ingredients by using a scale or measuring cups. Set this aside.
Poach the chicken and allow to cool then cut in bite size pieces.  
Place the cup up chicken in a bowl, add the celery, green onions and the sunflower seeds.  
Mix then add the dressing and mix well and cover and allow to remain in the refrigerator 
to blend flavors.  At least 2 hours.  I made this and it was in refrig for almost 
1 day before I served it...........

See all that dill?
Happy Weekend,   Andi 

4 comments:

  1. I really like dill in my potato salad, so I'm sure it's delicious in chicken salad. I'll have to try it this summer... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a fabulous cook, and as I said in that post... this is one of the best recipes he's ever come up with, and that is really saying something.

    I am so glad you liked it Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love dill in creamy salads. This look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! =)
    I love chicken salad!

    ReplyDelete