Monday, September 22, 2014

CLASSIC YELLOW CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM

I really do cook a meal every night that doesn't include sugar and butter.....with that said I just don't blog many of the dinner meals.  I love my goodies so here is another wonderful cake that will be a keeper for sure.   Take a look and I think you may agree.   Everyone loved the cake and the butter cream icing and cake are a perfect match. 



Found this recipe on Pinterest at thesweetsensations 
go check out her beautiful pictures.  She used Blueberry jam.  I am a lover of homemade Raspberry Jam so I used the entire jelly jar. When icing the bottom layer make a well around the edge so the jam will stay inside the cake and not weep out.  Wicked good.  That's a Maine statement!  


I used a butter cream icing from thatreallyfrostsme  Cute name for a great icing or frosting.  I loved it, This recipe frosted my two layer cake with a little left over. She says you can store the leftovers in the fridge for up to two weeks. The icing is sweet, and yummy.   It could be used for cake decorating, I think it would taste great in whoppie pies.   


Oh golly, I want another slice as I post this.   Keeper written all over the cake and icing. 

Happy Fall   

No comments:

Post a Comment