Thursday, April 28, 2011

ONE DOZEN VANILLA CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE ICING

Happy hands at work again, I am addicted to sugar, but luckily I have a outlet to send my baked goods off too.  Dick's work partners love me.  They allow me to bake anytime I feel the need.  I knew I had to try these cupcakes, made with whipping cream.  I could actually taste the vanilla.  The frosting is a wonderful chocolate, creamy and perfect for what I did with them.  And Ashly was very happy, she ate all the frosting then decided she didn't like the cupcake.  So I ate it. 


One Dozen Vanilla Cupcakes
Better Homes and Garden Special
Cupcakes May 2011




1/2 cup butter, room temperature for 30 minutes
1 egg, room temp for 30 minutes
2 egg yolks, room temperature for 30 minutes
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup whipping cream






Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
If not using the vanilla bean, use 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract.
Allow the butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before making the cupcake batter. Using your large mixing bowl, combine the butter and mix this for 30 seconds. Then add the sugar, and continue to mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Scape the side of the bowl often. Add the egg, and the yolks and vanilla and beat until combined. Using another bowl combine all the dry ingredients then measure out the whipping cream and alternately add some of the dry with the cream and continue to mix. Scape sides of bowl and then add the remaining dry ingredients and the remaining of the whipping cream.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans. Filling about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes pending size of muffin pans. Or till a toothpick comes out clean.

Ashly



Chocolate Frosting
1 stick of butter, softened
2/3 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
In a large bowl carefully mix all the ingredients together. Makes about 2 cup frosting.

3 comments:

  1. Saw these on Sweets for a Saturday. Wow, beautifully frosted - they look very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound amazing. I've been craving cupcakes lately.

    I'd love to have you share this recipe on my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/28/mint-infused-plum-tarte-tatin/

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing better than delicious cupcakes with chocolate frosting, yours look fantastic! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete