Monday, October 10, 2011

THE PIONEER WOMAN PUMKPIN SPICE MUFFINS

Sitting around the camp fire, and sharing our likes on "Pinterest" Ree's Pumkin Spice Muffins were seen.  Are those a muffin or a cupcake?  Doesn't matter, I have all the ingredients to make these.  So, that is what I did on sunday morning.  Love in a bite.  With a crunchy cinnamon topping.   Happy Baking, Andi  


Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond

thepioneerwoman

Muffin Ingredients:
1 cup AP flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter, cut in pieces
1 cup pumpkin puree (heaping)
1/2 cups evaporated milk
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup golden raisins  (I used regular raisins)

Topping:
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg



Icing:
1/4 cup softened butter
4 ounces, cream cheese
1/2 pounds powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease 12 muffins tins.

Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry blender or 2 knifes. In a small bowl add the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, egg and vanilla and mix. Add this to the dry ingredients and fold in. Add the raisins and fold those in. Using a ice cream scoop, scoop the batter evenly into the 12 muffins tin. Sprinkle the topping generously over each muffin. Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then frost the muffins or pipe the icing on top of each. Keep stored in fridge, as icing will soften at room temperature.


I have shared these with
chef-n-training

crazyforcrust

joyofdesserts.blogspot.com

shakentogether.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh......these sound yummy! I think I'll need to try these soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love The Pioneer Woman. Your post reminds me of some of TPW frosting I want to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to make these for sure!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, these look awesome! I'm glad to have found your blog, there are so many yummy things here. :) I host a linky party on Tuesdays and would love for you to join sometime! Crazy Sweet Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect flavors for fall, Andy. Isn't Pinterest great? I love using it. Thank you for linking up at Joy of Desserts.

    ReplyDelete