Cooking with the Horse & Buggy People
Thank you Mike and Kris
Todays chocolate chip cookies are just as good. They are crisp on the edge, soft and chewy on the inside. Pour a glass of milk and grab a few cookies and enjoy.
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup room temp butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 package of instant chocolate pudding (6 oz package)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cups of chopped nuts
1. mix the flour and the baking soda together with a whisk and set this bowl aside.
2. In your large bowl add the softened butter along with the sugars and blend until light and fluffy.
3. Add the pudding mix and the vanilla and mix until smooth and creamy.
4. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to combine all the ingredients. Add eggs one at a time and mix.
5. Add the flour and continue to mix. Scrape to the bottom of the mixing bowl. Add the chips and the nuts and mix one more time.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or use un-greased baking sheet. I used my cookie scoop that holds 1 1/2 Tablespoons of batter. I had 8 mounds on each sheet.
The first batch of cookies I just used the cookie scoop and placed the mounds on the parchment paper and baked. The cookies didn't spread as much as I wanted they were more like slightly flattened golf balls, so the next batch I then carefully broke each of the mounds in half exposing rough looking cookie dough. Its like twisting the cookie open and gently pressing it together leaving the exposed area open. Then lay it on the baking sheet and bake your cookies. This time they spread during baking and were flatter the way I prefer a cookie. I like big cookies!
Bake the cookies at 375 for about 8-10 minutes depending on the size of the cookie mound.
Foodie Friday the country cook