Monday, January 16, 2012

TACO SOUP

It's cold and burr in Maine, with temps below zero.... this Taco soup hit the spot this weekend. It's so easy to make,  if you can open a can then you can make this hearty, tasty soup. What else do we expect from Paula.  It's delish, do you like chill?  If so then you would enjoy this soup.  It make a hugh pot serves 12-16 people, made in the crock pot so what can be easier.  The page reviews were postive for the soup, so I made the ingredient list and off to the market I went.  I also tried a new recipe for cornbread made with light brown sugar.  This will be my new go to for both the taco soup and the warm corn bread.   Happy cooking my friends..............Andi  





2 pounds ground beef
2 cups diced onions
2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pink kidney beans
1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 1/2 ounce) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with chiles ( I used rotel)
1 (4.6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chiles
1/2 cup sliced green olives
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (1 ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix


Garnish:
Corn chips
Sour cream
Grated cheese
Chopped green onions
Pickled jalapenos

Serves 12 -16 people

Brown the ground beef along with the 2 cups of diced onions. Drain the fat then transfer to a large stock pot or a large crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. If using the crock pot allow to cook on low for 6-8 hours. If using a large stock pot cook over low heat for about 1 hour. Use the garnish to your finished soup and enjoy................


Shared with

                        Country Moma Cooks

8 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with Paula Deen. And, this this soup sounds reasonably healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm.... it has been several hours since I ate dinner, and this is making me hungry again! I need to go to bed and stop drooling! I have a good recipe for Taco Soup too, but yours has the Ranch Dressing mix in it, that sounds so flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. I love tacos and taco salad. Maybe I'll try it this weekend. Thanks Andi. How about sending me the cornbread recipe. Cornbread is my favorite.

    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, looks nice and hearty for a cold winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this recipe a few years ago. The ranch dressing mix grabbed my attention. I really liked it, the Hubby called it chili. Close, but different.

    Also like your cornbread recipe. Buttermilk in cornbread is a favorite for me. The brown sugar sounds like a delicious addition v. standard white sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your taco soup looks delicious! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up this weekend @ CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet party..Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete