Hello, my friends, here is yet another wonderful cookie. One more recipe to add to my addiction! These cookies are crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle, with a nice thin coating of cinnamon icing on top. A keeper for sure, I found these cookies on shugary sweets, that sounds like me! Made by Aimee. She has more cookies and lots of goods on her blog. I only took a couple of pictures, my baking pans are looking pretty seasoned. Thank you Aimee for a delicious oatmeal cookie.............
1 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar I used light brown
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 TBSP baking powder
2 cups quick oatmeal
2 cups flour
- In a food processor, pulse the oats until partly ground. Don't make a fine powder, leave some chunks. Pulse the oats about 6 times at 1-2 seconds each. set aside.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool.
- Using your stand mixer if you have one, or a big mixing bowl add the cooled butter and mix along with the sugars.
-. Add the eggs one at a time and mix after each addition.
- I used a large bowl and added all the dry ingredients and using my whisk I combine the ingredients well then add to the creamed butter and sugar. Mix.
- Prepare cookie sheets with parchement paper and using my cookie scoop which holds about 2 TBSP I scooped the dough onto the paper and baked them for about 14-15 minutes. If you want them crunchier, then bake a minute or so more. Remove from oven allow to cool for a little then move to cooling rack. Cool completely before icing.
In a small bowl make the icing. The amount of ingredients you use will depend on the size of your cookies. I made my cookies bigger and got 2 1/2 dozen, 3 inch cookies I used 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 8 TBSP heavy cream, a good sprinkle of cinnamon. I still had some icing left.