Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RAGGEDY ANN COOKIES

I am a big fan of Raggedy Ann and Andy.  In my younger days, my collection included a watch, sheets, blankets, towels, dolls, books, toys, tea set you name it and I had it.  I made my first Raggedy Ann when my niece, Crystal was born (that was a few years ago) she has 3 children of her own today.  I just finished another Raggedy Ann for our new granddaughter, Cora. 

When my daughter, Morgan was in Girl Scout camp one summer, she sent me a letter asking for me to send her candy and her Raggedy Ann.  She wanted the Raggedy Ann so when she looked at it she would think of me, her mother. 

Then one year at Halloween my friend Bonnie and myself dressed as Raggedy Ann and Andy.  We even won a prize. 

Made these cookies called Raggedy Ann Cookies, crisp on the edge and chewy in the middle.  With a different taste, that of Maple. And speaking of maple, its almost maple harvest in Maine.  The sugar shacks will be open for Maple Sunday very soon.       Happy Baking,  Andi

Raggedy Ann for little Cora
Raggedy Ann Cookies
The Colorado Cookbook
Copyright 1981
1 cup butter
1 cup packed  brown sugar  ( I used light brown sugar)
1 egg
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup finely chopped nuts
Cream butter, brown sugar and eggs and flavoing til fluffy. 
In another bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon and whisk these ingredients together.  Add to the creamed butter mixture then stir in the nuts along with the coconut.  
Bake at 350 degrees.   Drop on parchment paper lined baking sheets with your cookie scoop (about 1-2 Tbsp) of batter this will depend on how big you want your cookies.  Butter the bottom of a glass, dip the glass bottom in sugar and press the cookie mounds flat.   Bake till light brown.   about 10-12 minutes  
my plate from those days
Happy baking everyone,   Andi   






Our Delightful Home

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com


    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the photo! My daughter was a huge Raggedy Ann fan (as am I, though I don't collect). Every Valentine's Day, we put out the Candy Heart book for display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies sound very good, but you Raggedy Ann is even better! So adorable, and love your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andi,
    I couldn't help but think of my daughter who was also a great Raggedy Ann fan, I think she still has her doll. Your cookies are just awesome and belong in my cookie jar. Hope you have a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete