Sunday, March 4, 2012

ANDES MINT CUPCAKES

It's almost St. Patrick's day so lets celebrate on March 17. Wouldn't your little leprechauns love to have these Andes Mint Cupcakes on the dinner table. So, lets wear green, and plan a dinner of corn beef and cabbage, soda bread and green iced cupcakes.  These cupcakes are moist, fudgy, and I really liked the texture of the cupcakes. And the topping, yes that is good too....   Happy Baking and Happy St. Patty's Day.   


Buttermilk Chocolate Cake
From Elaine
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup powdered cocoa
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 stick of butter or oleo
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
1 1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla


In your large mixing bowl, combine white sugar,  brown sugar, cocoa and flour.  Whisk this together.    In a saucepan add oil, water and margarine/oleo and bring to a boil and pour over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.  Mix well.  Add the eggs.  Mix.  Mix the baking soda in 1/2 cup buttermilk.  Mix and add to the mixture in mixing bowl.  Add salt and vanilla. Mix. Pour into a prepared greased and floured 11x15 inch pan or make cupcakes.   Bake according test by inserting a toothpick into the center of your baked goods and done when it comes out clean.    I got 2 dozen cupcakes.      
Chocolate Mint filling:
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2 TBSP heavy cream
1 tsp peppermint extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Melt the chips and heavy cream together either using your microwave or on top of stove.  Stir in peppermint extract and the powdered sugar.   You can either use a pastry bag and squeeze some filling into the center of each cupcake, or you can ice the top of each with the filling or ice your cupcakes with the buttercream and then decorate the green icing with some piped on filling. 
Icing:
8 ounce of softened cream cheese
6 TBSP of softened butter
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1 TBSP heavy cream or milk
1 tsp peppermint extract
green food coloring
24 ANDES mint candies for topping each cupcake
Combine the cream cheese, butter, cream and mix and gradually add the powdered sugar a little at a time with mixing on low.  Don't cover your kitchen and yourself with powdered sugar.  Go easy on the mixer.  Add extract and start with the littlest amount of coloring until the desired shade is reached.   Keep adding the sugar until the consistency is reached for piping your icing.  
       

Crazy for Crust

cozyhomescenes* featured


                                              theshadyporch



the sweet details






21 comments:

  1. Yum! These remind me of childhood and buying Andes as gifts for my teachers at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely love to have these cupcakes, any day! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would love these beauties...so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm! These looks so good and I will definitely have to try them soon! Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a follower of the Wednesday Baker now and will look forward to lots of great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, these are beautiful and look delicious! Yes, I think we could put together a very nice party, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm I love Andes mints-and these look so tasty!!! And they're gorgeous, which is always a plus with cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look absolutely beauty Andi! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andi your recipes are truly amazing! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday and I hope you'll stop back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so great. I love the pictures. Come visit us. We have some wonderful things to share this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your comments I read every one and appreciate the time and effort from each of you. Happy baking Andi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Andes mints, and these cupcakes are soooo perfect for St. Patrick's day. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds and looks awesome! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share! I shared this on my FB page today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My FB page is not updating links for some reason so I tweeted it and Google+ your cupcakes!

      Delete
  13. I know you made these for me! I love chocolate mint anything. These cupcakes look yummy, and I wish I had one right now. Andi, thank you for visiting my party and sharing this recipe for others to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look to die for! The Andes topping is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cupcakes are so cute and I love Andes mints. Found you over at The Shady Porch linky party! I'm a new follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are so pretty. I am sure delicious too.
    Would love if you join with the event
    Decorating Challenge in my space with your lovely creations…..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my,
    Buttermilk Chocolate Cupcake with Mint Frosting, this is an awesome St. Patrick's Day treat! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day and Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi again Andi. I know I commented before, but wanted to stop by again to let you know your cupcakes were included in my St. Patrick's Day featured today. Thanks so much for linking up to the party. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some good looking cupcakes! I love the addition of Andy's mints!

    ReplyDelete