Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES

One long mouthful of a name, but a mouthful of wonderfulness in a cookie.  I love how they baked, puffed up a little then fell. Crispy on the edge and chewy in the middle. Yummy. One thing, no vanilla in these cookies?  So what is up with that?  They taste great without the vanilla just don't recall making cookies without vanilla. Easy to make, use a cookie scoop and scoop the dough on the baking sheet and pop in the oven.  This cookie is beautiful, delish and a keeper for sure.  The directions say you get 24 cookies, I got 44 but didn't make them monster size that they did.  That's the first for me...........Happy baking my friends, try this I am sure you will not be disappointed in these gems.   
 





Tasty Kitchen




1/2 cup, 1 stick of butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cups white sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup quick oatmeal
12 ounces of chocolate chip  (regular size bag)

Mix the butter, shortening with the sugars,  and the peanut butter, add the eggs and continue to mix.  In another bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt, and the oatmeal and stir this together to combine all the ingreidents then add this to the creamed mixture and stir in the chocolate chips. Form in 1 1/2 inch balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets,  Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes. I used my cookie scoop that holds 2 TBSP.   

PRINT RECIPE  




Think spring 



Sharing with 
    what's cooking Wednesday

the shady porch

Made Famous By

Miz Helen's

Sweet Temptations

Addicted to Recipes
Savory Sunday

Meals for busy Moms

Our Delightful Home

My Favorite Finds








17 comments:

  1. These look and sound delicious! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous--and I love pb,choc chip, oatmeal cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like my kind of cookie!! If I have time, I will make them today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andi. I had time and I did make them, and they are delicious! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I will definitely make these again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A classic cookie and one of the very best!!
    -Heather
    @ www.made-famous-by.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookie love all rolled into one cookie...brilliant! They look really good and I honestly rarely use vanilla when baking for my family anyway! I am going to surprise my family with these 3-in-1 cookies! Thanks so much for sharing at the Rock 'N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look and sound terrific. Printing recipe to try next week!

    Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to more great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything with peanut butter just has to be delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love cookies :-)

    I am pleased to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Please check out my blog for the details!

    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    Have a super night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, that is strange there was no vanilla but I guess if you didn't miss it then it wasn't needed! They sound awesome and I wouldn't mind having one right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound like yummy cookies, they have everything I like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chewy on the inside is my kind of cookie...then to have it be peanut butter and chocolate. Best cookie ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great Spring week end and come back to see me real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, those sound amazing. They are a combination of my husband's three favourite cookies so I think that makes them a must-try. Great picture, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look perfect! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Andi, these sound great! I love cookies:-) Thanks so much for sharing at Scrumptius Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look so good! and three of our favorite cookies all rolled into one! We loved having you at "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete