Wednesday, September 5, 2012

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BARS

Just because I haven't done much posting on the blog this summer, I have been cooking and baking.  Then I eat and walk the ball park to make myself feel better for eating that cookie........  I have across the street a recreation area.  Three trips around is a mile.  So I walk and eat a cookie?????  I made these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars and they were gone in no time.........I found this recipe at Mommy's Kitchen and Pinterest.  I made the cookie base but you can also purchase cookie dough in the dairy section of the market.  Enjoy and happy baking,  Andi   

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
12 ounce bag of chocolate chips
Mix the sugars with the butter and the oil, add the eggs and mix.  In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients and whisk together to combine all the dry ingredients.  Add the dry mixture to the sugar mixture and mix.  Add the chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon.       
Prepare a 9x13 inch baking pan with spray Pam.  Press half of the cookie mixture in the bottom of the pan.  Using your fingers press the dough to cover the bottom of the pan.  Bake this at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.   
In a small bowl combine 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, (I only used one) 1 egg, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla.  Mix this well, and when the 10 minutes is up remove the pan from the oven and spread this cream cheese mixture on top.  Spread this mixture to cover the entire cookie base.   Then you are going to take small pieces of the remaining dough and cover the entire top of the cream cheese.  Try using the smallest pieces of dough so that you will have enough to cover the cream cheese.   Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.    Cool in the refrigerator for a few hours before cutting in squares.   This dessert needs to be kept in the refrige because of the cream cheese.    
   

                                                   Have a fun day, Andi

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm these look good. I say, yes walk and eat. Then it's totally negative calories...right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother loves cheesecake bars, so I'll definitely be making these for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting this recipe! =)

    These bars look so yummmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bars sound like they are worth walking for!

    ReplyDelete