Sunday, February 24, 2013

CARROT MUFFIN

It's snowing in Maine today, again! Lots of it. It a heavy snow and some of the trees are bend over, hope they don't snap.  I do have to admit it is pretty but  I'm ready for spring. Ready for the Easter Bunny,  getting out in the garden and planting more flowers. Just playing outside.  

Today I am sharing a recipe for Carrot Muffins, hate to admit but I have no idea where the recipe came from. Page 32 Quick and Comforting? And that they are.  I cut it out of one of my magazines.  They are very much like a Morning Glory muffin.  
        Hope you enjoy and Happy Baking        Andi 





2 1/4 cups flour 
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups grated carrot, squeezed dry
1 large apple grated, squeezed dry
1 (8-ounce) can of drained crushed pineapple
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line your muffin pans with paper liners or spray with PAM.  The directions say it makes 16 muffins.  I made them different sizes.  Used regular muffins pan and then I used a large muffin pan.   


In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking soda and the salt.  Whisk this together,  add the grated or chopped and dried apple, and the carrot and the drained pineapple.  Mix this all together.   Then in a smaller bowl add the eggs, and whisk then add the oil and the vanilla and mix and then add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix by hand.    I use a cupcake scoop like a ice cream scoop and scoop the batter into the papers.   Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean.  The timing will always depend on the size of the muffin pan you use.    Allow to cool for a little then remove to a wire rack.  Enjoy                            





 Thank you for your visit      


Sharing with

Green Willow Pond
mizhelenscountrycottage
thecountrycook
everydaymomsmeals





7 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a good carrot muffin recipe! Seriously. These look great. I really think we are soul-mates in baking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi, wish I had one of these! I love good healthy muffins like this with coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good carrot muffin recipe. This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking a perfect Easter treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Found you on Serenity You Sat blog hop. I LOVE carrots, so this is right up my ally! Thanks for sharing. New follower :)

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andi,
    Your Carrot Muffins will sure be a hit around here, wish I had one right now. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete