Wednesday, October 9, 2013

APPLE BROWNIES

Apple's are just falling all over the place!  Another apple recipe today.....I still have a few more recipes to try with apples.  Fruit are good for us!  I like my fruit, a slice of zucchini bread in one hand and the other holding a apple brownie!!!!   These brownies are full of bits of apples, they are moist and easy to make.  I doubled the recipe so Mr. Dick took some to work and I took the other half to a meeting at my work.  
    




This recipe is from allrecipes.com I read some of the reviews from others who have made these. Some didn't melt the butter, and if you look at the photo on allrecipes they were baked in muffin pans. The batter is very thick, so use a off set spatula to spread the batter around in the baking dish.   I used about 4 apples for these brownies and some chopped walnuts. 

PRINT RECIPE



Apple Brownies from Allrecipes.com

Direction for a 8x8 inch pan, I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 inch pan

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup of white sugar
1 egg
3 medium apples, peeled and cut in small pieces
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 8x8 inch baking dish with butter or spray with PAM.  In one bowl add all the dry ingredients and whisk together.  In another bowl mix the melted butter with the sugar, add the egg and mix again.  Then add the dry ingredients and mix.   Hand stir in the chopped apples and the chopped walnuts. I cut up one apple at a time and then stirred it into the batter and kept adding until I had a good amount of apple pieces.   Spread in a 8x8 inch greased pan and bake for about 35 minutes at 350 degrees.  
Enjoy 

2 comments:

  1. I have never had Apple Brownies before. They look delicious! I just love baking with apples so I'll have to try these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete