Monday, September 22, 2014

DEEP DISH STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE WITH CRUMB TOPPING


I was giving a big bunch of rhubarb this spring by Wendy.  But, I didn't have the fresh strawberries yet so I cleaned and cut the rhubarb and put in a freezer bag and waited for real Maine strawberries.   Then I headed to the kitchen and made my first Strawberry Rhubarb pie.  Oh, so good.   I found this recipe at joanne-eatswellwithothers and Pinterest and this will be my one and only recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.  I loved every part of it.   Go visit and you can get the recipe for your next summer pie.  It is so good.................










I did a couple of things different

1.  the crust  I didn't use the food processor, I used my pastry fork and proceeded as making pie crust my way.   Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt with a whisk then added the butter, and mix with the pastry fork.  Then I mixed in a small bowl the egg, ice cold water and the vanilla then I added to the mixed dough and mix.  

2.  Do not bring the crust to over-hang the edge of the pie dish, as you can see by the photo it kinda overcooked..............Just bring it up to the top of the pie plate

                                                                        Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment