Sunday, January 25, 2015

CHICKEN SALAD

Homemade Chicken Salad

If you like chicken salad then this recipe is for you.   A keeper for sure

this recipe came from cappuccino and cashmere

Homemade Chicken Salad

4 cups of cooked and diced chicken see below for how I poached my chicken tenders
1-2 stalks of celery,  finely diced  (I used 2 stalks)
4 scallions, sliced thin or I used a red onion
1 teaspoon of dried dill   (or use 1 1/2 tsp of fresh dill)
2 Tbsp of fresh parsley  (I used 1/2 tsp of dried parsley) because the chicken was poached with parsley and pieces were on the cooked chicken 
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 tsp of lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp of kosher salt
pepper  

Mix all the ingredients together then add the diced chicken and mix.  Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.  

I poached my chicken: 

I used 2 1/2 lbs of chicken tenders
1 tub of Knorr's Homestyle Chicken Stock (they come in little tubs)
3 1/2 cups of water
1 Tbsp of dried parsley
1/2 tsp of dried thyme leaves
1 small onion, halved
1 stalk of celery cut in half

In a medium saucepan add the water and the Knorr's tub of chicken stock and stir to combine and dissolve the stock.  Reduce the heat to low and add all the remaining ingredients and cover and allow to cook for about 10-20 minutes this time will be adjusted pending the size of the chicken that you use.  After the chicken is firm to the touch.  Remove from the heat and allow to rest in the broth for about 30 minutes.   Then move to a cutting board and cut into bite size pieces.  




No comments:

Post a Comment