Monday, February 29, 2016

NANNY COREY'S PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Who says that sugar cookies are the only cookies for a cookie cutter!   I got the recipe of Nanny Corey's Peanut Butter Cookie from Auntie Ella and with Valentines Day coming soon I knew I wanted to try making these delicious cookies a little different.   I used the cookie scoop and rolled the dough in a ball, then I pressed the dough into the heart shaped cookie cutter and these are what I got.    


2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup oil or melted shortening ( I used wesson oil)
1 cup peanut butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour

In a mixing bowl add the sugars, oil and mix.  Then add the eggs and mix.   Add the peanut butter and the vanilla and mix.   In another bowl add the dry ingredients and whisk them together then add to the wet mixture.  Roll in balls using a cookie scoop then place on your baking sheet and press with a fork.   Or use any cookie cutter and press the dough into the shape of the cutter.  Just make sure the dough is pressed evenly then bake at 350 degrees.  Remove to a cookie rack to cool.  I made a chocolate icing and put in a zip lock sandwich bag and cut a very small opening in the corner and decorate as you wish.   And sprinkles always make everything better.   






Happy Baking 

No comments:

Post a Comment