Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Black Bottom Cupcakes

Can't get much better then this.  Chocolate for some is what makes the world go round.  I'd rather have a cookie but this is a make again recipe for me.  I think next time I will make a cream cheese frosting.  The frosting I used is creamy and a nice combination of flavors. 

Black Bottom Cupcakes
Recipe adapted from The Charlotte Central Cooks' Book

Filling: 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/8 of salt, 1 cup grated chocolate chips or use the mini chocolate chips. Combine all this in a small bowl and put to side.
Cupcakes: In another bowl
1 1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
Line the cupcake pan with your liners. Combine all the cake ingredients together and mix. Using your large cookie scoop place 1 scoop of chocolate mix in each liner, then using your small cookie scoop place a scoop of the filling on top of the chocolate Bake at 375 for about 15-25 minutes. Watch these so the cooking time adjust to your oven.
Frosting:
In a small saucepan
4 tbsp flour and 1 cup milk using your whisk cook this over med heat and continue to whisk until a thick paste is formed. Place in refrigerator until cool.
In a med size bowl combine and mix 1/2 cup shortening, 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix for sometime to combine all ingredients.
When I made these I got 12 cupcakes. I cut the filling ingredients in half. After doing the chocolate and filling I had some batter left so I divided that up among the 12 cupcake liners to use all the batter. I also cut the frosting recipe in half and frosted the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment