Beef and Romaine Stir-Fry
paula Deen Quick and Easy Meals 2009 Magazine issue
1 pound of 1/4 inch sliced flank Steak
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup of water
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp garlic-chili sauce add more if want add some kick to your dish
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tbsp sherry
2 red peppers
1 romaine heart sliced in 1/4 inch slices
1 (6) ounce package of rice stick noodles
1. In a small bowl combine the beef with the cornstarch and salt and pepper
2. In a small dish combine the water, soy sauce, garlic-chili sauce, sugar, and sherry.
3. using another bowl, cut the peppers in slices about 1/4 inch, and cut the lettuce 1/4 inch
4. In another bowl about 10 minutes before needed add the noodles and cover with hot tap water to soften. when ready drain the noodles.
5. In your wok or large skillet add the oil and heat to med high add the garlic and the meat and cook for about 3 minutes
6. Add the ingredients in step 2 stirring for 2 minutes
7. Add the ingredients from step 3 and using tongs keep turning this mixture over to combine. This will heat and wilt down
8. Add the drained noodles and keep tossing until all is blended.