Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN COOKIES

Morgan, my daughter who lives in Texas suggested I try these cookies, She saw the magazine at HEB her local grocery store.  And I was surprised because I get the posting from Anna "CookieMadness" every week.  Anna is a food blogger from Austin, TX.  I had seen these cookies on her blog.

This recipe has been cut in half, so you could double it and get more cookies.  I made the dough the night before and covered the bowl with plastic wrap and placed them in the refrigerator.  I baked them the next morning.  Just not able to wait any longer.  Very chocolate, gooey and good.  I got about 23 cookies. After scooping them on the baking sheet I pressed them down just a little to help with spreading. Do watch the baking time. I baked them at 350 degrees  

Double Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
recipe from HEB "My texas Life"heb Texas-Chocolate-Chip-Pecan-Cookies
cookie madness

















 print recipe
 heb- Texas-Chocolate-Chip-Pecan-Cookies

one cup plus 2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup light olive oil
6 tbsp white sugar
6 tbsp light brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg plus 2 tbsp of another beaten egg
1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecan chopped


Chill dough for 24 hours if possible. Using your mixing bowl add the sugars and oil. Mix then add the egg. Then by hand add the remaining ingredients. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop your dough and bake in the center of oven for 10-12 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment