Saturday, March 19, 2011

Orange Cookies with Orange Icing

Orange Cookies with Orange Icing
Recipe compliments of my friend Winnie Woodbury, Maine & Arizona

These cookies are a keeper, my friend Winnie gave me this recipe.  They are a soft, moist cookie topped with a thin sweet icing on top.  Hope she gives me more recipes, gives me good reason to stay in the kitchen and bake.   





2/3 cup butter or shortening
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp orange rind or use dried valencia orange peel
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
If you are using fresh oranges you will need 3 good size oranges for the rind. Then use your juicer and squeeze the juice. Add bottle juice if you don't have enough.

Icing:
1 1/2 cup 10X sugar
2 Tbsp softened butter
2 tsp orange rind
2-3 Tbsp of Orange juice (maybe more)



Using your mixing bowl, add the butter and mix with the sugar. Add the egg and mix. Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Using your 1 3/4 inch cookie scoop, scoop batter onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. No need is press the dough down, they will spread as they bake. Preheat your oven to 375 degress and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Cookies will not brown on top only on the bottoms. So watch closely so as not to burn them. After they have cooled you can frost with the icing. I got 2 dozen plus 4 cookies from this batter.

shared with Something Swanky

http://www.janedeereblog.com/

1 comment:

  1. These look absolutely delicious! I love orange-flavored desserts. Plus, I'm a huge fan of frosted cookies. I'm definitely putting these on my to-do list. I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/09/sweet-indulgences-sunday-21.html

    ReplyDelete