Sunday, May 29, 2011

ICE CREAM SANDWICHES

Ice Cream Sandwiches
copykatchat.com


1 package (18.25 ounce) chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 1cup mini-chocolate chips)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
Vanilla ice cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut parchment paper to the size of your baking sheet. Using your mixer, mix the above ingredients except the ice cream. The dough is very stiff. Make the dough into the size balls that you want the finished ice cream sandwich to be and flatten on the parchment paper with your fingers to about 1/4 inch. The dough doesn't spread much. Bake for about 10 minutes. Baking time will depend on how big and thick they are. Allow to cool on the baking sheet before moving the cakes to a cooling rack.
Making these sandwiches isn't the easiest task I have done. I took the ice cream out of the freezer and using a cupcake tin I scooped ice cream into each section of the tin and spread it around the best I could. Putting it back into the freezer to freeze up then when I was ready to put the sandwiches together I took the tin out of freezer and using a knife went around the edge and tried to scoop out the ice cream. So one by one remove the ice cream then open freezer and lay on a plate in freezer. Then one by one put a sandwich together then put that in the freezer and start the process again. But it worked, took some time. So the conclusion, would I make them again, still debating, I really liked the cookie part. Taste very much like a thin brownie, fudge chocolate with small bites of a chocolate chip.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought a new ice cream maker and can't wait to start making fun frozen treats. These will definitely be on the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete