Saturday, May 28, 2011

ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND POTATES

I hate to admit, as a kid I was not going to eat asparagus, nor did I eat squash.  But years later, I finally tried it and today squash is part of my diet. Asparagus, my husband asked for it, I have never had it,  I tried it and I have to admit it is wonderful.  So, I quess this will become a new love of mine.  My mother would be proud.........

Ina Garten 2005
foodnetwork




2 pounds of fresh asparagus
Good quality olive oil
Kosher salt and ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut the ends of the asparagus off, rinse in cold water. Lay them single file on a heavy rimmed baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.  Her baking instructions say 25 minutes but I only roasted for about 10-12 minutes.  Roast until tender but still crisp. 


In a baking dish, I quartered new potatoes.  I sprinkled them with salt and pepper and olive oil and baked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment