Saturday, January 28, 2012

SNICKERDOODLE BREAD

Crazy for snickerdoodle cookies?  Well, when I saw this recipe for Snickerdoodle Bread that caught my attention big time.  Knew this would be in the mixing bowl very soon.   So this fine day, it happened!  Classic cookie goes to a sweet, sugary bread.  This is a keeper for sure.  I got this recipe from Barbara at Barbara Bakes and this isn't the first that I have baked from her blog.  Probably not the last either. Go check out her blog.  She has a lot to offer. So, let's get baking. I got two loafs and will keep one and wrap the other well for the freezer.  Check out the pictures, see all those chips, crackly top.  ........Thanks Barbara   Happy Baking,  Andi


2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 package Hershey's cinnamon chips (package says 1 2/3 cups)
2 Tbsp flour

Topping:
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

In a small container mix these two together, this will be sprinkled over the top of the bread before you bake it. 
 In a large bowl add the flour, and baking powder and using a whisk, mix these ingredients together and set the bowl aside.
In your large mixing bowl add the butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon  and mix til light and fluffy.  Mix this a couple of minutes.  Scrape the bowl.  Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.  And the vanilla and the sour cream and mix.   Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.  Coat the cinnamon chips with the 2 tbsp of flour and stir into the batter.  

Prepare your bread pans (9x5) with grease and flour or line with greased parchment paper. Divide the dough between two loaf pans and sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar topping.   Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a crack in the center of the load comes clean.  Remove from oven allow to cool for a bit then remove to a cooling rack.   
You could also use the mini loaf pan adjust the baking time. Barbara indicated she used the mini loaf pans (5 3/4 by 3 1/4x 2 1/4) and filled no more than 2/3 full and baked them at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes. 

10 comments:

  1. That looks so good .....I'd like to invite you to CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party
    going on now-Sunday night……Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the cinnamon crust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread looks scrumptious! I especially love the picture with the close up of the top. So glad you love the bread as much as we do. Thanks for the link love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. So cut of youre blogg for shari .and there are so manyo for you too;.thanks.

      Delete
  5. Ooooh! This is so up my alley! Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for Linking up @CountryMommaCooks….Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andi, This bread looks delicious! I have a recipe I have been saving almost like this, but I haven't been able to find the cinnamon chips yet! They aren't stocked in my regular stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, snickerdoodle are one of my favorite cookies, so I know I'd love this bread. It sure does look tasty, and I bet it's great with milk or coffee for breakfast. You always make the pretty presentations with your pictures Andi. Love the cute gingerbread man with your bread. Thanks for sharing this at my party this week, and I really appreciate you dropping by each week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again Andi-

    Just stopping by to say Congrats! You were one of my Saturday Picks and have been featured on my blog today. My mouth still waters every time I look at this great looking bread. Thanks again for sharing this at my party.

    ReplyDelete