Monday, May 28, 2012

STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM MUFFINS

I recently made these moist and yummy muffins.  Look at the crunchy sugar topping....I will be making these little gems again when I can get fresh strawberries from the local farmers.  I found this at bakespace.  Thank you for a wonderful recipe. 


2 cups flour, divided    1/4 cup of this flour to mix with the strawberries
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar, divided   1/4 cup of sugar to be used to sprinkle on top of the muffins
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cardamon
1 TBSP grated orange peel
1 1/2 cups sliced, fresh strawberries
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.   Prepare your muffin tin with paper liners (12) or spray with Pam.  Set this aside.
In a large bowl add the 1 3/4 cups of flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and cardamon and the orange peel.  Whisk this together.   set aside
In a small bowl slice and dice the fresh strawberries to the size you want in your muffins.   Stir the 1/4 cup of flour into the strawberries and set aside.
In another bowl add the egg and slightly mix this, then  add the heavy cream, melted butter and the vanilla.   Mix this together.  
Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix only enough to combine.  Don't over mix the batter.  Then add and gently fold the sliced strawberries into the batter.    Using your scoop, scoop the batter evenly into the 12 prepared muffins pans.   Sprinkle the tops with the 1/4 cup of sugar.   Seems like a lot but it adds that nice crunch to the top of the baked muffins.    Bake your muffins for 17-20 minutes.  Always watch your baked goods.   No overbaking.   Allow to cool  then enjoy....................Andi

    Have a great day and thanks for the visit.   Andi

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm a sucker for anything with strawberries. And bonus for having cardamom in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andi, these strawberry muffins look delicious. I love muffins and strawberries so what could be better than these together.----------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to have a few strawberries on hand, these I'll have to try!

    I'm hosting a giveaway over at my blog and would love for you to stop by and participate.

    http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2012/05/my-200th-blog-post-and-my-1st-ever.html

    Looking forward to seeing you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything with strawberries, Andi! I think I have everything to make these. I checked out that Cinnabon coffee cake recipe and it looks sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete