Tuesday, May 22, 2012

COCONUT PINEAPPLE CAKE

This cake is so good, I mean good.  I love coconut anyways, and so glad that I made it.  It's finger lickin good. It's lick the plate clean good. Serve it cold, its fresh, moist and so yummy.  It's easy to make, but do the real whipped cream, you could cheat and use Cool Whip but I suggest real whipped cream.  How about your next gathering,  you can make this cake and bring it to the party. Serve it cold and slice it directly from the pan it was baked in.  You will not be disappointed and neither will all the guests. Here is the recipe for this wonderful coconut pineapple cake that I found on jaseys crazy daisy blog.  I hope you try this soon, let me know all about the cake and occassion...........happy baking my friends.................Andi
read the directions so you don't make any mistakes
1 box cake mix white, yellow, your choice  (used Pillsbury Moist supreme with pudding in the mix white cake mix)
3 eggs
1 (14 ounce can) of coconut MILK   ( NOT CREAM OF COCONUT)
1/2 cup flaked coconut
regular milk   (enough to make a total 1 1/2 cups to the reserved pineapple juice
1 (8 ounce) can of crushed pineapple, well drained and keep the juice for the glaze ( I drained the pineapple in a pyrex large measuring cup)
Whipping cream or heavy cream
coconut for the topping of finished cake
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla



In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mx, eggs and the coconut milk and using your mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.  Then increase to medium speed and mix for a couple more minutes. Hand mix in the drained crushed pineapple and the coconut.  Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake your cake in a 9x13 inch greased and prepared pan.   Bake according to the box directions. 
Cool for about 15 minutes, and do not over bake your cake.   Using the handle of a wooden spoon make several holes on the top of the cake.  My holes were pretty close together.
Glaze:
While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze.   Add enough milk to the drained pineapple juice to make a total of 1 1/2 cups.   Pour this into a small saucepan and add 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup coconut flakes. Bring this to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium.   Using your whisk continue to whisk your mixture and simmer for about 1 minute.    You are going to carefully pour this liquid over the top of the cooled cake.  Hoping that the liquid will go into the poked holes.   Spread the mixture over the top of the cake with a spoon.   Evenly spacing the shredded coconut.  
Icing:
1 pint of heavy whipping cream, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp of vanilla or more to taste. In a medium size bowl combine the above and mix with your electric mixer to desired consistency.   Frost the top and sprinkle with lots of coconut. 
Thank you for your visits, I appreciate your time and appreciate all the comments I get.  They make me happy.

16 comments:

  1. Love this cake Andi! Southern Sundays linky party is open if you would like to join. This would be a hit! Hope to see you there

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake does look good! Yum. And, I love how fluffy the frosting is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love, love, love pineapple. I am going to make this one!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that looks absolutely amazing! Thanks for the recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sent my husband a text to pick up what we need to make this tomorrow!! Looks fab!!

    New follower from the blog hop :) Can't wait to catch up your posts!

    Hopefully you get a chance to stop by my blog.

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all the comments, I hope you enjoy this cake, I need another reason to make it again............andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andi,
    Hi! I think I'd like to try this cake very soon love coconut and pineapple.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coconut cake is my dad's favorite cake so we make it a few times a year. I bet it would be even better with the addition of the pineapples you added. Thanks for sharing this recipe because I'm sure my family would love it. I appreciate you dropping by Your Cozy Home Party too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing..can't wait to try it. I hope it looks as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andi ~ loved you blog so much I'm passing the Liebster Blog Award to YOU! Check out your feature....www.mywhiteelephant.blogspot.com!

      Delete
  10. This looks and sounds amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andi!
    My mouth was watering even before I got to the picture. This would make a great Sunday dinner dessert or one to take to a pot luck, either was it is sure to be a hit!

    Thanks for sharing at my party this week!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesdays Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this recipe at Southern Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't need an occasion, I'm going to make this cake anyway! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cake looks so moist and delicious!! We appreciate you linking up with us!! It's so fun to see all of the great ideas and recipes! We hope to see you back again soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete