Thursday, May 17, 2012

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BY ANNA OLSON

I have been beginning to think that I lost me!!! It's been some time since I posted a recipe.  With a gazillion recipes for ccc here is another one to add to the collection.  This one is a keeper.  Not sure why, and what does 2 teaspoons of cornstarch have to do with ccc?  These cookies are so round, love that.  They look like a professional baker made them.   Nothing different here but the use of the cookie scoop.  They are chewy in the middle and crisp on the edge.  So take a look for yourself and get in the kitchen and make some ccc for this weekend. This recipe comes from foodnetwork.ca  Happy baking my friends.......................Andi   
3/4 cups of unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar   ( I used light brown)
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks     I used mini chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 f
Cream together the butter with the sugar and mix until light and fluffy, add the egg and vanilla and mix
In a smaller bowl add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and whisk this together.
Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.  Mix enough to blend, then add the chocolate and mix by hand.
Drop by using a tablespoon or cookie scoop onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown
I got 26 cookies

Thank you for your visit to the little o' Wednesday baker

Sharing with
Beyond the Picket Fence
Mz Helen
Simply Sweet Home
Michelle's tasty creations
Something Swanky
Janes Adventures in dinner
Six Sisters
Country Moma Cooks
What's Shakin

16 comments:

  1. Your cookies look wonderful! I'm a fan of Anna Olson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi,
    Hi!
    I am going to give these a try. Have g good week end.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cornstarch? I wonder what that does? They look delicious! I am really loyal to my own ccc recipe but I think I will try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought to use cornstarch in chocolate chip cookies, but those do look wonderful. I love homemade cookies fresh out of the oven with a glass of cold milk. Thanks for sharing a new recipes to try. Have a wonderful weekend Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cornstarch is new for me in cookies but I bet it creates a better texture. Gosh, do those look good! I love trying new cookie recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive saved this recipe in my to be tried cookies folder. =)
    they sound so yummmmy! I love chocolate!

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's always room for another ccc recipe! These look marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to try these, I've made other cookies with cornstarch and it is great! These look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andi, These cookies look super delicious! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chocolate chip cookies look so good. I love trying new recipes for CCC. Thanks for sharing. We are so glad to have you join us for our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". See you again next week!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those DO look so professional ... guess a cookie scoop is going on my shopping list! Thanks for sharing this recipe at the {what's shakin' link party}!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Andi!

    I see so many yummy recipes you have shared on your sweet place here :) I have a couple of ccc recipes I like a lot but the next time I make a batch I am going to make these!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too am not sure what it is about the cornstarch - but it has become my new fave ingredient for CCC! I have another CCC recipe using ww and oat flour that I am going to try mixing the cornstarch into. I love the thicker centers and crispy outsides. They are perfect! Thanks for the great recipe.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete