Monday, November 4, 2013

PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES

It all starts with a cake mix.  Add a little of this and a little of that and you end up with delicious Pumpkin Cupcakes or you could make a cake.  Either way it's perfect for the holiday table.  Moist and delicious. I found this recipe at Makin' it Mo' Betta by Kim.  A big thank you to Kim for making and posting her cake and sharing the recipe. I made these last week for a party at Mr. Dick's work then again for a meeting at my work.  Hope all enjoyed        Happy Baking  Andi  


Recipe from Kim pumpkin-spice-bundt-cake





PUMPKIN SPICE BUNDT CAKE or cupcakes and got 18 cupcakes 

  • 1 box Spice Cake Mix * I used Duncan Hines
  • 1 (4 oz) box Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix *This is a seasonal item, so grab some while you can!  ***I found the pudding mix at Wal-Mart Windham, Maine 
  • 1 cup canned or homemade pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) (the difference: look at the ingredients on can, look for only pumpkin without any spices etc.  
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (I used fat free. Normally I use plain yogurt, but I was out.)  * I used regular sour cream
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
 I got 18 cupcakes, I scooped the batter in the cupcake liners using my ice cream scooper that holds about 1/4 cup.  Baked at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes or until the top of cake springs back when lightly touched.  
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Grease and flour a bundt pan or use Baker's Spray (cooking spray with flour mixed in).
  3.  In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, pudding mix, pumpkin, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and spices. Mix on medium speed for a couple of minutes until well combined. 
  1. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
  2. Bake for time suggested on cake mix box for bundt pan cakes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed. 
  3. Allow cake to cool for approx. 10 minutes in pan, then flip cake onto wire rack to finish cooling.
  4. Glaze, frost or sprinkle with powdered sugar once cooled. I used a simple glaze of 1 cup powdered sugar, a tablespoon (approx) of Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer, a tsp of vanilla, and a 1/2 tsp cinnamon. The glaze was a little too sweet for me, so next time I think I will just dust it with a little powdered sugar and cinnamon, just to make it look pretty. This is one of those cakes that can really stand alone as far as flavor, but I wouldn't knock a little cream cheese frosting either ;-)


I frosted with a cream cheese icing.  

confectionery sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla and mix until the consistency you want.  Since I piped on the icing I made more then if I was frosting by hand.   
                                       Enjoy and happy baking 

sharing with ramshackle-beauty,  memoriesbythemile tuesday-triviasouth-dakotasimplelivingeating-foodie-fridaydesignsbygollum foodie-fridayserenityyouangelshomestead saturday-spotlight-43/

8 comments:

  1. They look great! I'd like to have one right now as a bedtime snack ;-) Thanks for the link back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look delicious. would love to try them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trying new cupcake recipes! Your recipe sounds so yummy! =)
    Pinning to my Cupcake board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these look so good, Andi! I'll have to look for the pumpkin pudding mix. I love Fall desserts the best! I checked through so many of your recents posts. I loved all the apple ones and your apple cider donuts sound delish!! The pumpkin whoopie pies might have to be on my agenda next.
    I remembered that you loved the Farm Journal cookbooks, too. You have quite a collection! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cupcakes look so seasonal and festive. Wonderful for a party this time of year. Thank you for sharing them with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete