It all starts with a cake mix. Add a little of this and a little of that and you end up with delicious Pumpkin Cupcakes or you could make a cake. Either way it's perfect for the holiday table. Moist and delicious. I found this recipe at Makin' it Mo' Betta by Kim. A big thank you to Kim for making and posting her cake and sharing the recipe. I made these last week for a party at Mr. Dick's work then again for a meeting at my work. Hope all enjoyed Happy Baking Andi
Recipe from Kim pumpkin-spice-bundt-cake
PUMPKIN SPICE BUNDT CAKE or cupcakes and got 18 cupcakes
I got 18 cupcakes, I scooped the batter in the cupcake liners using my ice cream scooper that holds about 1/4 cup. Baked at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes or until the top of cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan or use Baker's Spray (cooking spray with flour mixed in).
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, pudding mix, pumpkin, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and spices. Mix on medium speed for a couple of minutes until well combined.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for time suggested on cake mix box for bundt pan cakes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Allow cake to cool for approx. 10 minutes in pan, then flip cake onto wire rack to finish cooling.
- Glaze, frost or sprinkle with powdered sugar once cooled. I used a simple glaze of 1 cup powdered sugar, a tablespoon (approx) of Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer, a tsp of vanilla, and a 1/2 tsp cinnamon. The glaze was a little too sweet for me, so next time I think I will just dust it with a little powdered sugar and cinnamon, just to make it look pretty. This is one of those cakes that can really stand alone as far as flavor, but I wouldn't knock a little cream cheese frosting either ;-)
I frosted with a cream cheese icing.
confectionery sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla and mix until the consistency you want. Since I piped on the icing I made more then if I was frosting by hand.Enjoy and happy baking
sharing with ramshackle-beauty, memoriesbythemile tuesday-triviasouth-dakota, simplelivingeating-foodie-friday, designsbygollum foodie-friday, serenityyou, angelshomestead saturday-spotlight-43/