Tuesday, December 15, 2020

FRENCH VANILLA CAKE with BUTTERCREAM FROSTING

 This is a keeper for sure.   It’s the best vanilla cake I have ever made.   Looking at the picture makes me want another slice or maybe two! Miss Morgan’s birthday was soon approaching and  I decided I’m gonna have a virtual birthday party for her.   I live in Maine and she’s in Texas.   But that’s ok so I invited 2 of her aunts to come for  dinner and dessert of French Vanilla Cake and ice cream.   The menu was decided and I was making home made chicken pot pie, squash and rolls.   

But because of Covid-19 the quests had to cancel at the last minute so the only quest for dinner were Daddy Dick and myself.   Dinner was delicious and the cake was so good.    I am crazy about this cake.  So what do you do with a 2 layer frosted cake and only 2 people to eat it.   You wrap it.   I had some disposable square containers that I put a slice in and placed a layer of plastic wrap over it and closed the cover.  Then I wrapped each container of cake with freezer paper and placed in the freezer.   So quess what this cake freezes very well.



I discovered this homemade from scratch Vanilla Cake 🎂 from Pinterest.  It’s made by Kara Jane who post all her wonderful sweet recipes at ISCREAMFORBUTTERCREAM.  Go take a look and check out this recipe or maybe you may find another cake that sounds like You gotta try that.   

I frosted my cake with my favorite buttercream.  This frosting is sweet or so sweet   I love it 

Happy holidays and hoping for a normal 2021!   Andi






No comments:

Post a Comment