Monday, November 21, 2022

Banana Cranberry Bread


                                                                  Cranberry Banana Bread 

I love the looks of the red bag of cranberry at the market!  

I walk along the produce department and that bag of berries just jump in my shopping buggy.  Then I get home and  I already have a bag in the freezer!    I have a Orange Cranberry Bread that is posted and so tasty.   I’ll be making that again very soon.   This bread freezes well.  

 Banana Cranberry Bread

1/3 cup shortening 

2/3 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 3/4 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup chopped nuts I used walnuts

1 cup old bananas

1 to 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries see below for directions 


Temp 350  bake about 50-60 minutes.  I set my timer for 45 minutes and checked every few minutes.  Use a loaf baking dish 


In a small saucepan add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil add about 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 to 1 1/2 cups of cranberries.   Bring this mixture to a boil and cook until the berries “pop” then drain and allow to cool 


In another mixing bowl add the dry ingredients and whisk and put aside

In another both add the shortening and sugar and mix,  add the eggs one at a time then alternatively add the some of the wet mixture with some of the flour mixture.  Mix then add the remaining wet and flour mixture and mix   Then add the nuts and the cooled and drained cranberries.  My batter was a little pink so I carefully tried to blend the berries in.   Pour into a greased and floured bread pan and bake at 350 degrees.    Mine baked for about 50 minutes so watch you don’t want to over bake.   





                                                                        Happy Thanksgiving

   



 


No comments:

Post a Comment